Saturday, April 28, 2007

*~* TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSARY *~*

A friend just told me today about the new Tomb Raider coming out at the end of May. I hadn't even thought to look. I hadn't heard anything about a new one. But when I looked it up, I was surprised to find that my long awaited Tomb Raider dream had come true!

When Angel of Darkness (6) came out, I wondered why the newly revamped version was worse than the original. How could a simple PlayStation version hold so much more? Why had the Tomb Raider video game artists veered away from the mystery, suspense, intrigue, and down-right enjoyable locations that the original seemed to hold? There wasn't any more fear about turning a corner, hoping that a mummy wouldn't jump out and scare you out of your shoes. There was no joy in entering a new level that seemed altogether different from the previous one. All of it looked the same, and I never jumped once.

Tomb Raider: The Original was too good to beat. It had everything! And ever since that first one, the Tomb Raider games have gone downhill. Sure the graphics have gotten better, but what happened to the elements that made Tomb Raider great in the first place? Who ever heard of a Tomb Raider game that you could beat in less than 3 hours like Tomb Raider Legend? Or such a poorly designed and put together game like Tomb Raider Chronicles? Sure the length of Tomb Raider Revelation was great, but it was all the same location. Sand, sand, sand! It got a little boring!

But Tomb Raider: The Original had it all! It made me jump, made my heart race fast as I turned each corner, made me keep my guns at the ready, and kept me looking around at the new levels that always seemed to change! The story rocked, the characters rocked, the locations rocked: it ALL rocked!

So when Angel of Darkness came, sure there was some disappointment, but there was also a hope that in the future, when the graphics were better and her moves were expanded, the video game artists would get an idea in their heads to revamp THE ORIGINAL!!! Wouldn't it be great to see those same locations richer, more vibrant, and filled with more traps and puzzles! Well...now comes the part where my dream comes true! THEY HAVE FINALLY DONE IT!!!

Tomb Raider Anniversary is the original revamped, redone, regraphiced, and made more exciting - or so we hope! I have been waiting for this day for years! Now we finally get to see the original the way it was intended to be! I'm hoping that all the original elements that made the first one so great will be incorporated in this newly refurbished edition! The month of May can not come soon enough! I still can't believe that they have actually done this! It's what I've been waiting for! And now I only have a month more to wait! Already it seems like too long of a wait!

Tomb Raider Anniversary Trailers





Tomb Raider Anniversary Opening Scene




Tomb Raider The Original Opening Scene