Wednesday, February 28, 2007

American Idol Guys' Night (10)

On Thursday, February 22nd, four people were voted off, leaving us with only 20 contestants. They were Amy Krebs, Nicole Tranquillo, Rudy Cardenas, and Paul Kim. Sorry to see them leave, but it's gotta happen.

Last night, Tuesday, was the Guys' Night again. Last week wasn't so good. The girls rocked the house while the boys were a disappointment. In my opinion, this week wasn't tremendously better, but it was better. The girls still kick butt! Six of the girls have what it takes to go all the way! But, anyway, about the guys...

In order of performance

(1) Phil Stacey, the bald guy, has a good voice that he needs to show off more. At the beginning of his song, he was okay, but fortunately near the end he picked it up some. He can still do much better, though. Simon said that he had an unoriginal voice, and I can see that. His voice is good but pretty average. He needs to show us that it's not!

(3) A.J. Tabaldo was definitely better than last week because this week I actually noticed him! Last week I didn't give him a second glance. Simon's comment was that he was actually...nearly...very good. He's sure to stay. I just hope he keeps getting better!

(5) Chris Sligh is one of the guys I've liked from the beginning, and I still like him. He had good reviews again this week, but he still hasn't totally wowed America. Will he next week? He's sure to be back again.

(7) Blake Lewis, the bebop and scatting guy, was great this week! He bebopped in his song, which was awesome to hear, but Simon says that he did a copy-cat performance - little originality except for the beboxing. Oh well...he still rocks!

(8) Brandon Rogers, the black dude with the big hair, has been one of my favs since the beginning as well. I like his voice and could see him going far, but this week he didn't show off his talent. His song was okay but it lacked the wow factor! But I'm positive that he will stay anyway.

(9) Chris Richardson, the guy that sounds and even looks like Justin Timberlake, sang excellent on Tuesday! Randy said that he is in it to win it and that his version of the song was hotter than the original. Go Chris! Simon also said that he was the best one that night by a mile...until...

(10) Sundance Head through me for a loop last night! He didn't quite impress me last week, but this week, he was the best, I thought! He sang the song "Mustang Sally" and he sang it great! Everyone else thought so, too, except Simon. He liked it, but he said that Sundance could do better. I believe he can. Hopefully next week he'll wow us even more!

Well...that's only 7 of the 10 guys that I talked about. The others are sure to be gone either Thursday or soon. My prediction for Thursday is that Sanjaya Malakar and Jared Cotter will be voted off. We'll see, though.

Good job, guys, but the gals still rock more!

Anytime you want to watch videos of the American Idol Contestants, just check out IdolStarTV.com