Wednesday, February 21, 2007

POP 2

Yesterday I played and beat Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within for the first time. The reason I had waited so many years to beat it was because of its mature rating. I wasn't sure if it would be any good. But after waiting several years, I finally decided to give it a shot. I wasn't disappointed.

Yes, the reviewers were right, it was a lot darker from the first game, but it also had a cool storyline. I was surprised to find that I rather liked this game. The story continued pretty well after the Sands of Time, and I was worried that it wouldn't live up to its predecessor.

Although others may not think so, Warrior Within was not a total failure. Sure, it didn't have the same Prince vocals - which kinda made me mad - or the sweet sounding Arabian music with fantastically designed environments to go along with it, but it was a great addition to the Prince of Persia series. The plot was good, the action was good, the cutscenes were great, and the ending was complete. Although it may never beat Sands of Time - even the 3rd one couldn't beat it - it was still a great game! Thanks, Ubisoft!