Friday, March 2, 2007

American Idol Girls' Night (10)

This last Wednesday was a blast! I love listening to the gals sing because they are sooooo much better than the guys. Sorry, guys! This week they kept up the same vibe, but some of them got comments about last week being better. I'll let you decide.

In order of performance

(1) Gina Glocksen, who I've liked from the beginning, did another great performance. Randy and Paula said it was really good while Simon said she needed to be a little edgier in terms of her clothes. Sure, let's all take fashion advice from the man who wears the same outfit every week! Anyway, she may not be the best of all of the girls, but she is still one of my favorites.

(3) LaKisha Jones...ladies and gentlemen, the winner of American Idol! Just kidding. This week, LaKisha was still great, but I honestly thought last week was better, and so did the judges. Simon said that she is gonna be a big star, but that her clothes this week were a little distracting. Yeah, not the best look for her, but who cares, she's got a phenomenal voice!

(4) Melinda Doolittle could also very well be the winner of AI. She is amazing! Both performances these last two weeks have been outstanding! Randy said she just keeps getting better and better. Simon said that she has the best vocal of the competition, and he likes her big talent, small ego complex. I do, too. It's refreshing to see!

(6) Jordin Sparks is so cool and only seventeen years old! She rocks! I loved her version of Reflection this week. Randy said she was unbelievable. Paula called her infectious, brilliant, and talented. And Simon said she was fantastic and has massive potential! Keep an eye on this gal!

(7) Stephanie Edwards had a terrific performance as Simon put it. Paula said that so many people are gonna be in love with Stephanie Edwards. Definitely! She's a great singer and only getting better!

(8) Leslie Hunt was still good this week, but she’s still not that great. She did some scatting in her song, which was kinda weird, but she still did okay. Simon said, though, that she was getting a little lost in the competition, but she had done better than last week.

(9) Haley Scarnato, who I didn’t even take a second glance at last week, was pretty decent this week. She still wasn’t that great, and I can see her leaving soon, but I thought that he song was upbeat and fun. Simon gave her an A for effort, but he said that her vocals were bad. Oh, well. If she doesn’t kick it up, she’ll be gone soon.

(10) Sabrina Sloan is one of my top favorites. She is so awesome! She has a very nice, very big voice as Randy put it. Simon said that it was not a good song for her. I don’t care what he had to say, she was awesome just like her first time!

That’s eight out of ten that I liked. Not bad. My main concern is that I can’t wait for Antonella to leave. I really don’t care for her at all. She can’t sing, and the only reason she is still on the show is because guys think she’s hot. THIS IS A SINGING CONTEST!!! Boot her off already and put her in a magazine. But her vocals…they’re not going anywhere. I just hope that she’s gone real soon!

This week was great, and still the girls kick the guys’ butts! Ain’t no beatin’ them! Sorry, guys!

Anytime you want to watch videos of the American Idol Contestants, just check out IdolStarTV.com