Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Went To The Fight...

And a Hockey Game Broke Out! This weekend my family and I went to Des Moines, Iowa for my dad's company picnic. This year it was a hockey game. I had never been to one, so it was a new experience. I rather liked it! We had great seats, so we got to hear and see them slam against the side of the rink. It was cool! Sadly, the Iowa Stars lost, but it was still a great game to watch. Only in the third period did the other team (Admirals) start to score. From where we were sitting, we got to watch as the Iowa Stars almost made a goal, and we even got to see the Admirals make their goal. And a fight broke out on the ice near where we were sitting. We got to see it all! I really had fun, but I don't think I'll watch hockey on TV. It is a different experience when you are actually there.

Also, while we were in Des Moines, we went to see the movie Amazing Grace. It was very good, and I would love to see it again. Such a great story! We also did some shopping, and that was pretty much it. Not that big of a vacation, but still fun.