Wednesday, May 23, 2007

And the *2007*AMERICAN*IDOL* Is...

Well...this was an amazing season! I almost liked it better than last year's...wait...I did like it better than last year's. This year was young, hip, and cool - last year was old-fashioned, old-lookin', and just plain old, except for Chris Daughtry that is. This year was all about the young crowd with Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis looking so young, hip, and cool. It was a great season, and I loved it!

As I do recall, though not written fully on my blog, when AI was just starting out with the 24 Finalists, I saw LaKisha Jones, Melinda Doolittle, Jordin Sparks, and Blake Lewis as the people to beat. Of course, I loved others as well, but these four stood out the most. LaKisha rocked the house with her first performance on stage; Melinda rocked the house EVERY TIME she was on stage; Jordin had a great voice, great talent, good song choices, and also rocked about every time, too; and Blake had his awesome-to-listen-to beatboxing going on and his smooth performances, which put him out there as the best guy of the season. These four caught my attention from the beginning, and I could see one of them winning. At the beginning, I thought it might be LaKisha cuz she blew it out of the park with her first performance; but as the season progressed, her performances dimmed. Melinda, now there was a match for the 2007 AI if there ever was one, but people got tired of her constant surprised looks, and she was booted off. Still, she has an amazing voice - better than Jordin's or Blake's!!!

And then there were the two finalists...

Also, as I recall, I predicted that this year a girl would win...

And...

So, she has!

*JORDIN*SPARKS* is the *2007*AMERICAN*IDOL*!!!

YES!!! She WON!!! She WON!!! She WON!!! Well...there you have it! I predicted correctly this year...finally...and I also saw those four in the TOP 4 and that happened as well. I would have rather seen Melinda win, but Jordin is still a terrific choice! She rocks, and she is only seventeen! You go, girl!

Thus ends this SIXTH Season of AMERICAN IDOL!!!

YEA for JORDIN!!!

The best part of the FINALE night was the great beatboxing by Blake Lewis and Doug E. Fresh. Check it out on IdolStarTV!!!


Video - Blake Lewis - Doug E Fresh - DJ Barr B